The causes of twenty-first century poverty are complicated, and a diverse array of people are finding themselves in need of help for different reasons. Many feel trapped and hopeless.
Complex problems call for complex solutions. Neighbors of Hope provides these solutions through a comprehensive suite of Christ-centered programs and services for our most vulnerable neighbors, including a men’s transitional housing program, addiction recovery program, resale store, food pantry, farm, and programs for homeless women and children. With responsible stewardship, collaborative relationships, and sustainable social enterprises, Neighbors of Hope transforms lives with the hope of the Gospel and helps make Lenawee County a better place to live and work for everyone in our community.
Neighbors of Hope strives to practice biblical hospitality by emulating the radical compassion of Jesus Christ in all that it does. Christ’s compassion is not mere pity—it’s about giving people hope in the face of seemingly insurmountable obstacles. The hope of Christ is life-giving, denouncing injustices while announcing justice for the oppressed and afflicted.
Neighbors of Hope does just that. We denounce unjust realities in our community, including hunger, homelessness, and addiction, and respond by announcing hope through programs that feed the hungry, give shelter the homeless, and help the addicted recover and thrive. We are Neighbors of Hope in a truly biblical way, loving our neighbors with the compassion of Christ. We invite you to get involved and become a Neighbor of Hope yourself.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, and sufficient as our only infallible rule of faith and practice.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existing as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is deity, that He was born of a virgin, that we are redeemed by his atoning death through His shed blood, that He bodily resurrected and ascended into heaven and that He will come again in great power.
4. We believe that we are saved through a direct encounter with the risen Lord, at which time the Holy Spirit regenerates them.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whom Christ indwells each believer enabling them to live a Godly life of obedience as they reach for maturity.
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit unites all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and together they form one body, the Church.